2022 Favorite Books, Movies & Music
I’m also a fan of books, movies, and music. Many of my posts on Medium this year have been about those topics. Writing about my favorite movies earned me a top writer badge, making me want to see and write about more movies!
Favorite Books of 2022
- Who Told You That — Like Barack, I am biased about my favorite book. This is my daughter’s first anthology! I helped her publish it and contributed a couple stories. The proceeds benefit her nonprofit organization, Community Unity Network, which helps provide food, clothing, school supplies, etc., along with events to unite the community.
- Kiss Lori For Me — Dr. Lori Goss-Reaves wrote this book about her father, who was killed during the Vietnam war. I have never seen a book take on a life of its own the way this book has. It has helped Vietnam veterans connect and share stories that some have kept bottled up for more than fifty years! The book also inspired Dr. Reaves to create Larry’s Legacy of Love and honor the veteran community.
- Finding Me: A Memoir — I had no idea what Viola Davis had to endure to survive, let alone become the superstar she is today! What an inspiration she is. This book made me cry and cheer. I’m so glad she shared her story for the scarred warriors living inside of us.
- The Light We Carry: Overcoming in Uncertain Times — I got you, Barack! Seriously, I love books that uplift, inspire, and empower us to live our best life. Michelle Obama has a gift for telling her truth in a raw and vulnerable way that we can relate to. We all need the toolbox in this book!
- The Blossoming of the North — John E Marks is one of the most prolific poets I know. I have followed him for years and seen him publish a poem almost every day! He is my favorite living poet. John writes about various subjects, from crimes against humanity to dealing with loss and grief to love (my favorite).
Favorite Movies of 2022
- The Woman King — This movie…