Best Nonfiction Books — January 2023
Are you a lifelong learner and nonfiction book fan? If so, you may enjoy my new book blog posts, where I list my favorite nonfiction books each month and choose a number one pick.
Please let me know your thoughts if you read these books, and tag me if you write book reviews. I love to discover new books!
Favorite Nonfiction Books Released in January 2023 and in the Running for Best Book of the Month:
- 8 Rules of Love: How to Find It, Keep It, and Let It Go by Jay Shetty
- Awe: The New Science of Everyday Wonder and How It Can Transform Your Life by Dacher Keltner
- Be the Calm or Be the Storm: Leadership Lessons from a Woman at the Helm by Captain Sandy Yawn & Samantha Marshall
- Ditch The F**king Cape: Confessions of a So-Called Superwoman by Crista Tharp
- Dopamine Nation: Finding Balance in the Age of Indulgence by Dr. Anna Lembke
- The Creative Act: Way of Being by Rick Rubin
- The Good Life: Lessons from the World’s Longest Scientific Study of Happiness by Robert Waldinger MD and Marc Shulz PhD
- The Half Known Life: In Search of Paradise by Pico Iyer
- Three Roads Back: How Emerson, Thoreau, and William James Responded to the Greatest Losses of Their Lives by Robert D. Richardson
- Unoffendable: How Just One Change Can Make All of Life Better (updated with two new chapters) by Brant Hansen
- Write for Life: Creative Tools for Every Writer by Julia Cameron
- “You Just Need to Lose Weight”: And 19 Other Myths About Fat People (Myths Made in America) by Aubrey Gordon
Which book sounds most interesting to you? I like them all. It’s tough to choose one book from this list.
As a writer and lover of the creative arts, one may assume books on the subject top my list, and they do!